General Data Protection Regulation GDPR – AWARENESS TRAINING
DO YOU COMPLY ?
Finally after four years of preparation and debate The EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘EU GDPR’) has been approved by the European Parliament and came into force on 25th May 2018. It has been described as the biggest single shake up of data legislation in the last 20 years.
The repercussions for organisations that fail to demonstrate compliance and who are found in breach of the regulation are severe. These risks include facing financial penalties of up to €20 million or 4% of an organisation’s global turnover, loss of customer trust, and damage to the organisation’s brand. Consequently, awareness training and staff development must be key tools in your organisations data protection journey, plus they will be viewed favourably by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), as well as allowing you to make a valuable contribution to your compliance strategy.
GDPR Awareness Training Will Benefit Your Organisation
It is absolutely vital that your organisation is fully prepared for the GDPR Regulation. As a leading business management consultancy, we understand the importance of the GDPR and are fully aware how necessary training is to an organisation. QualityCERT are able to assist you with getting on the road to compliance by offering this introductory training course.
GDPR Awareness Course Overview
The course will give an overview and clear step-by- step guidance to the regulation. This will better prepare you to understand the fundamentals as well as the principles, terms and definitions, leading to a clear understanding on the impact GDPR will have on your business.
The course is delivered by IAPP CIPP/E certified information privacy professionals who have a wealth of experience. The course will help you understand what you should be doing now in order to comply with the changes.
Additionally, this introductory course will also place organisations in a position to start a scoping exercise, which can lead further into implementing the processes of a gap analysis, privacy impact assessment and data mapping.
Course Produced and Delivered by IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professionals (CIPP/EU)
Why Choose Quality Cert?
All our GDPR courses are produced and delivered by IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professionals. As well as being highly qualified in General Data Protection Regulations our instructors are fully qualified auditors in other quality standards and business management systems.
We are industry practitioners who specialise in data protection, compliance, risk and governance and we are well versed in helping companies become GDPR and ISO certified. We deliver our courses through an interactive format, group exercises, discussion and case studies to help further your understanding.
Our trainers cover all the key elements of the regulation to ensure you fully understand the steps and approaches your company needs to become GDPR compliant by focusing on providing practical approaches that can be easily implemented into your organisation.
Additionally our instructors have a wealth of ‘hands on’ industrial and commercial experience in the real world. All in all this ensures that you get the best training available anywhere in the UK.
Who is this course suitable for?
For those looking for an introduction to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and how it may affect your organisation. For anyone who uses, processes and maintains personal data. Suitable for all types of employees – staff, supervisors, managers and directors.
There are no prerequisites for this introductory course. It is open to
anyone interested in enhancing their knowledge of the EU GDPR.
- Introduction to European Data Protection
- GDPR Terminology & Definitions
- Data Protection Concepts
- Territorial and Material Scope of the GDPR
- Data Processing Principles
- Lawful Processing Criteria
- Information Provision Obligations
- Data Subjects’ Rights
- Security of Personal Data
- Accountability Requirements
- International Data Transfers
- Supervision and Enforcement
- Consequences for GDPR violations
- Steps to GDPR Compliance
- Comprehensive course materials
- GDPR Process roadmap and checklist
- Refreshments included
- Certificate of completion
- Become familiar with the content of GDPR and have a good understanding of the fundamentals of the new regulation.
- Gain the confidence to interpret The Data Protection Regulation and understand the implications for you and your organisation.
- Have greater ability to identify potential impacts of privacy challenges.
- Learn to integrate policies and procedures to reflect GDPR requirements.
We can deliver courses in various formats to suit your needs. Our delivery methods include;
- IN CLASSROOM – at one of our training centers
- IN-HOUSE– where we come to your premises and provide a tailor made course for you.
- ONLINE– where you can access the course materials from anywhere, at anytime 24/7/365
We can conduct in-house training at your premises, tailored to your needs, price on application (POA). To request a quotation please fill in the form below.
Access online anywhere, anytime (24/7/365). Use any Windows PC, MAC, or tablet device